Pallikal in main draw, Suchde out of Hong Kong Open
New Delhi: India`s Dipika Pallikal overcame local girl Ho Tze-Lok 11-3, 11-6, 11-3 to enter women`s singles main draw while compatriot Siddharth Suchde crashed out in qualifying round of the USD 74,000 Hong Kong Open squash championships.
Suchde failed to continue with his impressive form in the final of the qualifying round and went down to Ryan Cuskelly of Australia 5-11, 3-11, 8-11 in 51 minutes last night.
However, world number 34, Pallikal was at her usual best as she dominated the proceedings and ended her opponent`s challenge in just 18 minutes.
She now meets 12th seed Vanessa Atkinson of The Netherlands in the first round of the main draw of the WISPA World Tour event.
Meanwhile, world number 26, Saurav Ghosal will be the only Indian in the main draw of the men`s singles and takes on title favourite, third seed Egyptian Amr Shabana.
Ghosal got a direct entry to the main round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Sushant Singh Rajput shares third poster of ‘M.S.Dhoni- The Untold Story’
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside