Pallikal in main draw, Suchde out of Hong Kong Open
New Delhi: India`s Dipika Pallikal overcame local girl Ho Tze-Lok 11-3, 11-6, 11-3 to enter women`s singles main draw while compatriot Siddharth Suchde crashed out in qualifying round of the USD 74,000 Hong Kong Open squash championships.
Suchde failed to continue with his impressive form in the final of the qualifying round and went down to Ryan Cuskelly of Australia 5-11, 3-11, 8-11 in 51 minutes last night.
However, world number 34, Pallikal was at her usual best as she dominated the proceedings and ended her opponent`s challenge in just 18 minutes.
She now meets 12th seed Vanessa Atkinson of The Netherlands in the first round of the main draw of the WISPA World Tour event.
Meanwhile, world number 26, Saurav Ghosal will be the only Indian in the main draw of the men`s singles and takes on title favourite, third seed Egyptian Amr Shabana.
Ghosal got a direct entry to the main round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- DNA : Today in History, 26th July, 2016
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- DCW chief booked for naming Dalit rape victim, says not scared
- Delhi: Raped by 30-yr-old man, 4-yr-old girl undergoes surgery
- Strong need of creating awareness on organ donation: Experts
- Narendra Modi's silence on Dalit assault devaluation of PM's post: Congress
- Financial weakness hindering domestic airlines' international expansion