Pallikal in main draw, Suchde out of Hong Kong Open
New Delhi: India`s Dipika Pallikal overcame local girl Ho Tze-Lok 11-3, 11-6, 11-3 to enter women`s singles main draw while compatriot Siddharth Suchde crashed out in qualifying round of the USD 74,000 Hong Kong Open squash championships.
Suchde failed to continue with his impressive form in the final of the qualifying round and went down to Ryan Cuskelly of Australia 5-11, 3-11, 8-11 in 51 minutes last night.
However, world number 34, Pallikal was at her usual best as she dominated the proceedings and ended her opponent`s challenge in just 18 minutes.
She now meets 12th seed Vanessa Atkinson of The Netherlands in the first round of the main draw of the WISPA World Tour event.
Meanwhile, world number 26, Saurav Ghosal will be the only Indian in the main draw of the men`s singles and takes on title favourite, third seed Egyptian Amr Shabana.
Ghosal got a direct entry to the main round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi