Pallikal moves into second round of World Open
New Delhi: India`s Dipika Pallikal has entered the second round of the Women`s World Open Squash Championship with a 3-0 win over Malaysian qualifier Delia Arnold in Grand Cayman Island in the Caribbean.
Pallikal, the 13th seed, defeated Arnold 13-11 11-9 11-9 in a tough first round clash at the South Sound squash club.
The Chennai girl, world ranked 10th, will next meet world number two, Raneem El Weleily of Egypt in the USD 188,000 WISPA event.
Weleily holds a 2-0 head-to-head record against Pallikal but the Indian has always pushed her Egyptian opponent to the limits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 26/11 attacks: US says it wants justice, asks Pakistan to ''cooperate'' with India
- What's the joke? Riteish Deshmukh and Akshay Kumar's 'Housefull3' moment!
- Facebook, Microsoft join hands to build undersea internet cable
- G7 says 'concerned' by situation in East, South China seas
- Attack on Nigerian student not racial crime, have arrested accused, says Hyderabad Police; MEA seeks report