Pankaj Advani scalps McManus
Sheffield: India`s Pankaj Advani, notching two century breaks, scalped another former top-10 player in Alan McManus 6-3 to advance to the final qualifying round of the International Championship snooker tournament here Tuesday.
Following up on his fantastic 6-5 win against former World champion Steve Davis in the previous round, Advani, after sharing the opening two frames, cracked a break of 117 in the third and did not take his foot off the pedal.
Advani further increased his lead to 4-2 lead in his favour, before a scoring another century break of 113 in the seventh frame for a 5-2 lead and finally clinching the match 6-3.
Advani is now scheduled to play against World No.32 Michael Holt of England who will be the last hurdle for the Indian to qualify for Snooker`s richest tournament scheduled to be held in China at the end of 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today