Pankaj Advani scalps McManus
Sheffield: India`s Pankaj Advani, notching two century breaks, scalped another former top-10 player in Alan McManus 6-3 to advance to the final qualifying round of the International Championship snooker tournament here Tuesday.
Following up on his fantastic 6-5 win against former World champion Steve Davis in the previous round, Advani, after sharing the opening two frames, cracked a break of 117 in the third and did not take his foot off the pedal.
Advani further increased his lead to 4-2 lead in his favour, before a scoring another century break of 113 in the seventh frame for a 5-2 lead and finally clinching the match 6-3.
Advani is now scheduled to play against World No.32 Michael Holt of England who will be the last hurdle for the Indian to qualify for Snooker`s richest tournament scheduled to be held in China at the end of 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Accident blocks Delhi-Howrah rail route, two dozen trains diverted
- Israel says Abbas reviving old `blood libel` against Jews
- Colombia government, FARC rebels sign ceasefire
- Subramanian Swamy now raises questions on Arvind Kejriwal's admission into IIT
- No evidence against Mahesh Girri in NDMC officer murder: Police