Pankaj Advani scalps McManus
Sheffield: India`s Pankaj Advani, notching two century breaks, scalped another former top-10 player in Alan McManus 6-3 to advance to the final qualifying round of the International Championship snooker tournament here Tuesday.
Following up on his fantastic 6-5 win against former World champion Steve Davis in the previous round, Advani, after sharing the opening two frames, cracked a break of 117 in the third and did not take his foot off the pedal.
Advani further increased his lead to 4-2 lead in his favour, before a scoring another century break of 113 in the seventh frame for a 5-2 lead and finally clinching the match 6-3.
Advani is now scheduled to play against World No.32 Michael Holt of England who will be the last hurdle for the Indian to qualify for Snooker`s richest tournament scheduled to be held in China at the end of 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore