Pistorius sells Pretoria home where Reeva was killed to cover legal costs
London: Paralympic sprinter Oscar Pistorius has reportedly sold his luxury Pretoria house where he shot dead his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp last year, in order to raise funds needed to pay his legal team.
The legal costs of Pistorius, who put the house on the market earlier this year at a valuation of more than 280,000 pounds, are estimated at 5,400 pounds-a-day.
The report mentioned that Pistorius` legal team includes three of South Africa`s leading defence lawyers, a number of ballistics and forensic experts and a US crime scene reconstruction company.
According to The Guardian, the real estate agents dealing with the sale revealed that they have a buyer for the house, adding that the transfer process is now under way, with a lawyer saying that it had become necessary for Pistorius to sell his home in the Silver Woods country estate to raise the necessary funds to cover his increasing legal costs.
At the time of his bail hearing, Pistorius, who has been living at his uncle`s house in Pretoria since the shooting, also owned two other houses in Pretoria with a combined value of 85,000 pounds and a vacant plot in Cape Town, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part IV
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part V
- Direct entry for Hindu migrants from Pakistan, Bangladesh in MBBS, BE courses
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: NADA hearing to continue on Thursday
- Govt says only pulses prices have increased; Opposition protests
- RBI imposes Rs 27-crore penalty on 13 banks
- ACHIEVEMENT! Anurag Thakur to join Territorial Army; will be 1st serving BJP MP to join military force