Pistorius sells Pretoria home where Reeva was killed to cover legal costs
London: Paralympic sprinter Oscar Pistorius has reportedly sold his luxury Pretoria house where he shot dead his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp last year, in order to raise funds needed to pay his legal team.
The legal costs of Pistorius, who put the house on the market earlier this year at a valuation of more than 280,000 pounds, are estimated at 5,400 pounds-a-day.
The report mentioned that Pistorius` legal team includes three of South Africa`s leading defence lawyers, a number of ballistics and forensic experts and a US crime scene reconstruction company.
According to The Guardian, the real estate agents dealing with the sale revealed that they have a buyer for the house, adding that the transfer process is now under way, with a lawyer saying that it had become necessary for Pistorius to sell his home in the Silver Woods country estate to raise the necessary funds to cover his increasing legal costs.
At the time of his bail hearing, Pistorius, who has been living at his uncle`s house in Pretoria since the shooting, also owned two other houses in Pretoria with a combined value of 85,000 pounds and a vacant plot in Cape Town, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees