Prannoy`s parents proud of his feat
Thiruvananthapuram: The parents of S
Prannoy, who won the silver medal in badminton in the Youth
Olympics in Singapore after losing to Thailand`s Poodchalat
Pisit in the final on Thursday, said they were proud of their son`s
performance who carried his fight to the very end.
"He went down after putting up a tremendous performance.
He fought very hard before losing to the Thailand boy. We are
proud of him," Sunil Kumar and Hasina, parents of Prannoy told
They said they had expected that Prannoy would win gold,
but were not disappointed as his performance all through the
Games was brilliant.
Prannoy, a product of the Hyderabad-based Gopichand
Badminton Academy, reached the final after beating Kang Ji
Wook of Korea in the semifinals yesterday in a stiff fight.
A large posse of mediapersons were present at the house
of Sunil Kumar at Anayara in the city to watch the final game.
State Sports Minister M Vijayakumar visited Prannoy`s house
after the game to offer his congratulations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement