Prannoy`s parents proud of his feat
Thiruvananthapuram: The parents of S
Prannoy, who won the silver medal in badminton in the Youth
Olympics in Singapore after losing to Thailand`s Poodchalat
Pisit in the final on Thursday, said they were proud of their son`s
performance who carried his fight to the very end.
"He went down after putting up a tremendous performance.
He fought very hard before losing to the Thailand boy. We are
proud of him," Sunil Kumar and Hasina, parents of Prannoy told
They said they had expected that Prannoy would win gold,
but were not disappointed as his performance all through the
Games was brilliant.
Prannoy, a product of the Hyderabad-based Gopichand
Badminton Academy, reached the final after beating Kang Ji
Wook of Korea in the semifinals yesterday in a stiff fight.
A large posse of mediapersons were present at the house
of Sunil Kumar at Anayara in the city to watch the final game.
State Sports Minister M Vijayakumar visited Prannoy`s house
after the game to offer his congratulations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what