Punjab announces 2 per cent quota for sportspersons in govt. plots
Chandigarh: Punjab government has announced a new reservation policy of keeping aside two per cent quota in allotment of residential plots for sportspersons of the state.
The quota would be given to sportspersons on the basis of their achievements in the sports arena at different levels, an official release said here today.
In the first preference, sports persons who have won medals in Olympics Games, World Cup, Asian Games and mountaineers who have scaled Mount Everest will be included, whereas in the second preference, medal winners in Commonwealth Games, Afro Asian Games and Asian Championship find a place, the release said.
Third preference and last preference would be for those sportspersons who have participated various international meets and cricket matches, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!