Punjab announces 2 per cent quota for sportspersons in govt. plots
Chandigarh: Punjab government has announced a new reservation policy of keeping aside two per cent quota in allotment of residential plots for sportspersons of the state.
The quota would be given to sportspersons on the basis of their achievements in the sports arena at different levels, an official release said here today.
In the first preference, sports persons who have won medals in Olympics Games, World Cup, Asian Games and mountaineers who have scaled Mount Everest will be included, whereas in the second preference, medal winners in Commonwealth Games, Afro Asian Games and Asian Championship find a place, the release said.
Third preference and last preference would be for those sportspersons who have participated various international meets and cricket matches, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- If Priyanka Gandhi takes charge of Congress then BJP will face tough challenge: Ramdev
- 'Jai Hind' – this is how Air India will wish passengers now!
- Government vows to crack down on super-rich tax evaders
- Watch: Dwayne DJ Bravo gives rib-tickling sneak-peek into upcoming episode of 'The Kapil Sharma Show'!
- Sting row: Harish Rawat asked to appear before CBI on May 24