Qadir gets two-match suspension for elbowing German player
New Delhi: Pakistan defender Muhammad Arslan Qadir was today suspended for two matches for a Level 2 offence which relates to a "physical assault, without injury, of another player" during their Pool A match against holders Germany at the ongoing Hero FIH Junior Men`s World Cup here.
Qadir was shown the red card for elbowing a German player in Pakistan`s 1-6 drubbing last night.
According to a statement from the International Hockey Federation (FIH), the tournament director David Collier has found Qadir to have violated the FIH Code of Conduct.
"Participants shall at all times conduct themselves fairly and properly on the field of play and any part of the hockey venue/accommodation. No person may conduct themselves in a manner or commit any act or omission which may prejudice the interest of hockey or which may bring the game of hockey into disrepute," Collier said in the statement.
"I have concluded that this constitutes a Level 2 offence referring to a physical assault, without injury, of another player. In accordance with the evidence provided at the hearing and taking into account the contrition displayed by the player, Muhammad Arslan Qadir of the Pakistan team shall be suspended for two matches," he added.
Qadir will miss Pakistan crucial match against Belgium December 10 and his team`s play-off match to be played on December 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family