Railways thrash Rajasthan in national volleyball
Moradabad: Railways on Tuesday thrashed Rajasthan 3-0 in the 62nd Senior National Volleyball Championships being played here.
The first set was a highly attacking game but Railways` Vineet and Prabagaran in end the end took it away for their team. The second set also saw a tight fight where Dilip Khoiwal attacked superbly for Rajasthan but perfect placement from Prabagaran and a hard hit by Karan got the match in Railways` lap.
In the third set, Sandeep dominated with his blocks and Railways won 25-23, 27-25, 25-20.
Elsewhere, Odisha beat Goa in a five set match, winning 3-2. After levelling the match at 2-all, Odisha developed an early lead in the decider and finished the match 25-13, 25-21, 14-25, 21-25, 15-12.
Later, Delhi beat Pondicherry 3-1 (25-21, 21-25, 25-21, 25-18), Chandigarh overpowered Assam 3-0 (25-15, 26-24, 25-23); Karnataka beat Himachal 3-0 (25-07, 25-14, 25-12), Bihar thrashed Madhya Pradesh 3-0 (27-25, 25-21, 25-22); Andhra Pradesh dominated Maharashtra 3-0 (25-11, 25-16, 25-20) and Jharkhand beat Mizoram 3-1 (27-25, 16-25, 25-10, 25-20).
In women`s competition, Delhi thrashed Uttarakhand 3-0 (26-24, 25-08, 25-16), Haryana dominated Himachal 3-0 (25-13, 25-17, 25-13), Gujarat drubbed Chandigarh 3-0 (28-26, 25-21, 25-12), Karnataka beat Jharkhand 3-0 (25-16, 25-15, 25-18) and Maharashtra crushed Madhya Pradesh 3-0 (25-14, 25-18, 25-18).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees