Rajeev Shukla hits back at KPS Gill
New Delhi: Indian Premier League (IPL) Chairman Rajeev Shukla, who is also a member of Hockey India League`s Governing Council, on Tuesday, hit back at KPS Gill for alleging that HI officials were unmoved by the "brutal murder" of Indian soldiers by Pakistan Army.
"Indian Hockey League is being run by responsible people and they understand the public sentiments. They have taken aI decision taking into account the feelings of the people," Shukla said, referring to HI`s decision to send back all the nine Pakistani players.
"The action of the Pakistan Army is highly condemnable and India would not tolerate such kind of acts. It is not only inhuman but also against the ethics. Pakistan should be paid back in the same coin", Shukla said.
Shukla said the government was taking all possible steps and it was it was not the time to try and take "political advantage".
The government is taking all possible steps. The High Commissioner of Pakistan had been summoned to convey the strong feelings of the government. The BJP is trying to take political advantage out of it which they should not do as the government has taken all effective steps", he said.
K P S Gill, Patron and Chief Advisor of Indian Hockey Federation, had said in a statement that HI should immediately stop the participation of the Pakistani players in the Hockey India League (HIL) in protest against the killing of Indian soldiers.
The Chairman of HIL, Narinder Batra, Arun Jatley, who is the Director of the Board of HIL and close associate of Mr Batra in DDCA and Mr Rajiv Shukla, another director of HIL are unmoved of the brutal murder and then mutilating the dead bodies of Indian soldiers by Pak terrorists at the LOC. HIL should have barred their participation immediately," he had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation