Rajeev Shukla hits back at KPS Gill
New Delhi: Indian Premier League (IPL) Chairman Rajeev Shukla, who is also a member of Hockey India League`s Governing Council, on Tuesday, hit back at KPS Gill for alleging that HI officials were unmoved by the "brutal murder" of Indian soldiers by Pakistan Army.
"Indian Hockey League is being run by responsible people and they understand the public sentiments. They have taken aI decision taking into account the feelings of the people," Shukla said, referring to HI`s decision to send back all the nine Pakistani players.
"The action of the Pakistan Army is highly condemnable and India would not tolerate such kind of acts. It is not only inhuman but also against the ethics. Pakistan should be paid back in the same coin", Shukla said.
Shukla said the government was taking all possible steps and it was it was not the time to try and take "political advantage".
The government is taking all possible steps. The High Commissioner of Pakistan had been summoned to convey the strong feelings of the government. The BJP is trying to take political advantage out of it which they should not do as the government has taken all effective steps", he said.
K P S Gill, Patron and Chief Advisor of Indian Hockey Federation, had said in a statement that HI should immediately stop the participation of the Pakistani players in the Hockey India League (HIL) in protest against the killing of Indian soldiers.
The Chairman of HIL, Narinder Batra, Arun Jatley, who is the Director of the Board of HIL and close associate of Mr Batra in DDCA and Mr Rajiv Shukla, another director of HIL are unmoved of the brutal murder and then mutilating the dead bodies of Indian soldiers by Pak terrorists at the LOC. HIL should have barred their participation immediately," he had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened