Randhir slams Malhotra and co for IOA mess
New Delhi: In the wake of IOC`s threat to ban India from the Olympic movement, Randhir Singh, who withdrew his name from the race for IOA president`s post, today accused acting President V K Malhotra for creating such a mess that would ultimately bring shame to the nation.
Randhir, who is an IOC member and secretary general of both the OCA and the IOA, also held the Abhyay Singh Chautala-led faction responsible for dragging Indian sports into this position, and said an IOC sanction is inevitable if elections are held under the government sports code on December 5.
"It seems they (Chautala faction) are not concerned (about IOC`s threat of a possible suspension). There is no hurry to hold the elections. There is a court hearing on December 17th.
"The government is also willing to solve the issue. Let the IOC, government and IOA sit together and sort out the problem", Randhir said.
"The government is willing to sit with the IOA and IOC across the table to sort out the problem but are they interested? Not not at all. Why are they in such a hurry to hold the elections? he questioned.
Randhir`s withdrawal has left the field open for Chautala to be elected unopposed for the IOA president`s post in the elections to be held on December 5.
Randhir lambasted Chautala for indulging in dirty politics ahead of the IOA polls and said the INLD leader and his backers are least bothered about Indian sports and sportspersons in the wake of IOC`s threat.
"I would like to know from the great leaders of IOA are they concerned (about Indian athletes)? I don`t think so. They are only concerned about their own position.
"They are not concerned about what happens to the athletes, what happens to Indian sports and the image of Indian sports," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users