Randhir slams Malhotra and co for IOA mess
New Delhi: In the wake of IOC`s threat to ban India from the Olympic movement, Randhir Singh, who withdrew his name from the race for IOA president`s post, today accused acting President V K Malhotra for creating such a mess that would ultimately bring shame to the nation.
Randhir, who is an IOC member and secretary general of both the OCA and the IOA, also held the Abhyay Singh Chautala-led faction responsible for dragging Indian sports into this position, and said an IOC sanction is inevitable if elections are held under the government sports code on December 5.
"It seems they (Chautala faction) are not concerned (about IOC`s threat of a possible suspension). There is no hurry to hold the elections. There is a court hearing on December 17th.
"The government is also willing to solve the issue. Let the IOC, government and IOA sit together and sort out the problem", Randhir said.
"The government is willing to sit with the IOA and IOC across the table to sort out the problem but are they interested? Not not at all. Why are they in such a hurry to hold the elections? he questioned.
Randhir`s withdrawal has left the field open for Chautala to be elected unopposed for the IOA president`s post in the elections to be held on December 5.
Randhir lambasted Chautala for indulging in dirty politics ahead of the IOA polls and said the INLD leader and his backers are least bothered about Indian sports and sportspersons in the wake of IOC`s threat.
"I would like to know from the great leaders of IOA are they concerned (about Indian athletes)? I don`t think so. They are only concerned about their own position.
"They are not concerned about what happens to the athletes, what happens to Indian sports and the image of Indian sports," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Inspiring! Poverty-stricken Bihar siblings beat all odds to crack IIT-JEE
- 7th Pay Commission: Know at a glance, see this informative chart
- Complete list of athletes representing India at 2016 Rio Olympics
- Hillary Clinton leads Donald Trump by 11 points in US presidential race
- Pakistan strongly condemns terrorist attack at Istanbul airport