Randhir slams Malhotra and co for IOA mess
New Delhi: In the wake of IOC`s threat to ban India from the Olympic movement, Randhir Singh, who withdrew his name from the race for IOA president`s post, today accused acting President V K Malhotra for creating such a mess that would ultimately bring shame to the nation.
Randhir, who is an IOC member and secretary general of both the OCA and the IOA, also held the Abhyay Singh Chautala-led faction responsible for dragging Indian sports into this position, and said an IOC sanction is inevitable if elections are held under the government sports code on December 5.
"It seems they (Chautala faction) are not concerned (about IOC`s threat of a possible suspension). There is no hurry to hold the elections. There is a court hearing on December 17th.
"The government is also willing to solve the issue. Let the IOC, government and IOA sit together and sort out the problem", Randhir said.
"The government is willing to sit with the IOA and IOC across the table to sort out the problem but are they interested? Not not at all. Why are they in such a hurry to hold the elections? he questioned.
Randhir`s withdrawal has left the field open for Chautala to be elected unopposed for the IOA president`s post in the elections to be held on December 5.
Randhir lambasted Chautala for indulging in dirty politics ahead of the IOA polls and said the INLD leader and his backers are least bothered about Indian sports and sportspersons in the wake of IOC`s threat.
"I would like to know from the great leaders of IOA are they concerned (about Indian athletes)? I don`t think so. They are only concerned about their own position.
"They are not concerned about what happens to the athletes, what happens to Indian sports and the image of Indian sports," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in