Rao files nomination against Malhotra
New Delhi: V K Malhotra long`s tenure as the president of the Archery Association of India will be challenged by B V P Rao, who on Thursday filed his nomination for the post of president in the sports body.
A former IAS and UN official, Rao is the Vice president of Assam Archery Association and Convener of Clean Sports India, whose agenda is to change the old guard and start to reform sports federations.
Following the intervention of Delhi High Court, the Returning Officer of Archery elections has declared the final list of 102 voters including state units and other archery bodies.
The Electoral College now include three North Eastern States Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram and Tripura, who were not given voting rights by AAI earlier.
Nominations process started today and will end on October 29. Voting is scheduled here on November 9.
Another challenger Dr G.I Sharma, Secretary Manipur Archery Associations has filed his nomination for Senior Vice President.
Malhotra`s nominee for this post is likely to be Tarlochan Singh, a veteran sports administrator who is also a Senior Vice President in the Indian Olympic Association.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'