Reeva Steenkamp’s family rejects ‘pregnant when dead’ speculations
Cape Town: The family of Oscar Pistorius’ slain girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp has rejected speculations that the model was pregnant when she was shot and killed by the Paralympic star.
According to tabloids, Steenkamp had informed Pistorius that she was pregnant to placate him after an argument which was fueled by rumours that she was cheating on him with one of her close friends, Times Live reports.
However, Steenkamp family spokesman Mike Steenkamp denied the reports and said that had the rumours been true, Steenkamp would have informed her mother June.
Mike Steenkamp further said that a pregnancy would have been revealed by the post-mortem report on Steenkamp, adding that the rumours have arisen to build up support for Pistorius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today
- Bodos, ex-militants hail Modi govt for giving ST status to Bodo-Kacharis in Assam's hill districts
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised