Reeva Steenkamp’s family rejects ‘pregnant when dead’ speculations
Cape Town: The family of Oscar Pistorius’ slain girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp has rejected speculations that the model was pregnant when she was shot and killed by the Paralympic star.
According to tabloids, Steenkamp had informed Pistorius that she was pregnant to placate him after an argument which was fueled by rumours that she was cheating on him with one of her close friends, Times Live reports.
However, Steenkamp family spokesman Mike Steenkamp denied the reports and said that had the rumours been true, Steenkamp would have informed her mother June.
Mike Steenkamp further said that a pregnancy would have been revealed by the post-mortem report on Steenkamp, adding that the rumours have arisen to build up support for Pistorius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding