Rockets cut Camby, Williams to get roster to 15

IANS| Updated: Oct 29, 2013, 14:48 PM IST

Houston: Houston Rockets announced Monday that the team has waived centre Marcus Camby and guard Reggie Williams, which brings the Rockets roster down to 15 players.

Houston Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey made the announcement Monday as the ambitious team were gearing up for their 2013-14 opening night. The Rockets will face the Charlotte Bobcats at the Toyota Centre Wednesday.

The Camby move had been previously reported as the veteran centre was unable to come back from a torn planta fascia tissue and may need surgery.

Williams wasn`t totally unexpected, either, as he was the only healthy player not to play in the final pre-season game at Memphis Friday.

Rookies Isaiah Canaan and Robert Covington said that training camp has helped them grow into their roles and made them better basketball players.

The star-studded team, now with Dwight Howard and James Harden in, had repeatedly said they eyed a championship in the new season. The Rockets experimented different line-ups and showcased their competitive edge in the Preseason games, in which they won six of the seven games.