SAI felicitates junior hockey players for winning silver
New Delhi: Sports Authority of India (SAI) on Monday organised a felicitation ceremony to honour the members of the team that clinched the silver medal in the 6th Junior Women`s Asia Cup in Bangkok.
In the tournament held from June 27 to July 7, the team displayed exemplary grit and determination before losing to China in the title clash.
The felicitation function was organised at SAI headquarters.
On the occasion, Gopal Krishna, Sec SAI, who holds the additional charge of DG SAI, reiterated that efforts are being made to lay new turfs at SAI centers in Bangalore and Bhopal.
Hockey India secretary general, Narendra Batra, in the presence of legendary player Harbinder Singh, government observer lauded SAI for shifting the coaching camp to the Dhyan Chand National Stadium here from Bhopal so that the girls could adjust to the new turf and other facilities like floodlights similar to the one they got at Bangkok.
Meanwhile, SAI has received the exemption U/S 80G Certificate of the Income Tax Act entitling it to utilise any voluntary contribution made with specific purpose of advancement of sports without the rigour of taxation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred