SAI felicitates junior hockey players for winning silver
New Delhi: Sports Authority of India (SAI) on Monday organised a felicitation ceremony to honour the members of the team that clinched the silver medal in the 6th Junior Women`s Asia Cup in Bangkok.
In the tournament held from June 27 to July 7, the team displayed exemplary grit and determination before losing to China in the title clash.
The felicitation function was organised at SAI headquarters.
On the occasion, Gopal Krishna, Sec SAI, who holds the additional charge of DG SAI, reiterated that efforts are being made to lay new turfs at SAI centers in Bangalore and Bhopal.
Hockey India secretary general, Narendra Batra, in the presence of legendary player Harbinder Singh, government observer lauded SAI for shifting the coaching camp to the Dhyan Chand National Stadium here from Bhopal so that the girls could adjust to the new turf and other facilities like floodlights similar to the one they got at Bangkok.
Meanwhile, SAI has received the exemption U/S 80G Certificate of the Income Tax Act entitling it to utilise any voluntary contribution made with specific purpose of advancement of sports without the rigour of taxation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Pakistan taking unpleasant interest in imposing upon India their vicious motives: Khurshid
- Soon, share all kinds of files on WhatsApp; get better authentication feature
- Plea seeks imposition of Governor's rule in J&K; SC to hear matter next week
- Asthma breakthrough? Scientists find novel way to prevent the disease!