SAI recruits 174 coaches in 16 disciplines
New Delhi: After almost two decades, Sports Authority of India (SAI) has recruited 174 new assistant coaches in 16 disciplines with an aim to make the country a sporting powerhouse by 2020 Olympics.
SAI organised a two-day orientation programme for the newly-recruited coaches in weightlifting hall, Jawaharlal Nehru stadium, which was inaugurated by Sports Minister Jitendra Singh and attended by SAI Director General Jiji Thomson.
The minister informed that similar recruitment drives in the coming future would be carried out in a phased manner.
On the occasion, Singh also launched the SAI`s bilingual newsletter "UTKARSH", which will be published quarterly from the SAI headquarter.
The newsletter will focus on major achievements of SAI and its future plans for sports development across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'