Saina eyeing All England Championship and World titles
Lucknow: After her Olympic triumph, Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal is now eyeing to win the World Championship and the All England Championship next year.
The bronze medal winner in the London Games, Saina stressed on developing the basic structure in the country in order to make it compete with China.
Sahara India Pariwar, the business conglomerate, today announced its association with Nehwal. As a part of the association Saina will don Sahara logo while playing at tournaments worldwide.
Saina said that the international badminton calender is very busy and it is very difficult for any player to excel at the international level for a prolonged period.
Executive director of Sahara India Parivar, Ashok Roy Choudhary said, "We are proud to announce Sahara India Pariwar`s association with Ms. Saina Nehwal."
On the occasion Saina said, "It`s a great honour to be associated with Sahara India Pariwar which apart from being a huge business conglomerate, has also done tremendously for the cause of promotion of sports in India.
"This has certainty boosted my confidence and I am sure that I will be able to bring pride to the nation."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list