Saina to miss China Open: Gopichand
Mumbai: Star shuttler Saina Nehwal has decided to take some more time off from her playing schedule after returning from the London Olympic Games with a singles bronze medal in her clutch and is set to miss next month`s super series tournament in China.
"Saina would not be playing in the Super Series event in China. She wants some more time off. She would take part in the Japan Open," said national badminton coach Pullela Gopichand on Thursday on the sidelines of a function to felicitate four of the Games medal winners by the Olympic Gold Quest.
The Li Ning China Masters 2012, among badminton`s super series tournaments, is scheduled from September 11-16 at Changzhou in China.
Saina is now set to take part in the Yonex Japan Open, the next super series event, scheduled in Tokyo from September 18-23.
Gopichand indicated that the country`s top men shuttlers, including losing singles quarter finalist in London -- Parupalli Kashyap -- would participate in the super series in China.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details