Sanam bags gold; Talukdar, Manjudha win bronze
Kolkata: India’s Isiah Rajendra Sanam won his maiden international gold medal in the men’s individual compound event as India rounded off the 16th Asian archery championship with six medals at Bali, Indonesia on Saturday.
On the final day of the continental meet, India also won two bronze to take its medal tally to six medals comprising two gold, two silvers and two bronze.
The 15th ranked Indian Sanam beat fourth ranked Indonesian Nyoman Puruhito 106-103 to earn himself a creditable double, team and individual gold medals.
Fifth seeded Jayanta Talukdar held his nerve to defeat 11th seeded compatriot Mangal Singh Champia 112-110 in the men’s individual recurve bronze medal play-off, according to information received here.
Manjudha Soy came up with creditable victory against eighth ranked Iranian Seyedeh Halimian 113-111 in the women’s individual compound bronze medal play-off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!