Scotland to splash country`s rich cultural heritage during 2014 Glasgow CWG
Edinburgh: Organisers of the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games have unveiled the countdown of events.
The art programme will `touch every corner of Scotland` and celebrate the nation`s `great cultural heritage` to complement the sporting spectacle.
According to Scotsman.com, the year-long strand of events, designed to showcase the best of Scottish creativity, will involve a number of artists, writers, and performers from a host of countries.
Few of the artists include novelist Louise Welsh, actor Tam Dean Burn, songwriter Aidan Moffat and comedian Janey Godley.
The diverse line-up includes aerial theatre, satirical comedy, songwriting, and storytelling events.
The events will be hosted across an eclectic range of venues and settings, from botanic gardens and cinemas through to rivers and bicycles.
According to the report, the events designed by Turner Prize-short listed artist, Jim Lambie, the logo, a fusion of brightly coloured lines with a shooting star, draws inspiration from the star-clad facade of Glasgow`s iconic Barrowland Ballroom.
Hailed as `a celebration for all of Scotland,` the events comprise two parts. The first, Culture 2014, will begin this month and continue throughout the build-up to the Games.
The second, Festival 2014, will be held during the sporting action, and is envisaged as a "massive Games-time celebration," the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray