Scotland to splash country`s rich cultural heritage during 2014 Glasgow CWG
Edinburgh: Organisers of the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games have unveiled the countdown of events.
The art programme will `touch every corner of Scotland` and celebrate the nation`s `great cultural heritage` to complement the sporting spectacle.
According to Scotsman.com, the year-long strand of events, designed to showcase the best of Scottish creativity, will involve a number of artists, writers, and performers from a host of countries.
Few of the artists include novelist Louise Welsh, actor Tam Dean Burn, songwriter Aidan Moffat and comedian Janey Godley.
The diverse line-up includes aerial theatre, satirical comedy, songwriting, and storytelling events.
The events will be hosted across an eclectic range of venues and settings, from botanic gardens and cinemas through to rivers and bicycles.
According to the report, the events designed by Turner Prize-short listed artist, Jim Lambie, the logo, a fusion of brightly coloured lines with a shooting star, draws inspiration from the star-clad facade of Glasgow`s iconic Barrowland Ballroom.
Hailed as `a celebration for all of Scotland,` the events comprise two parts. The first, Culture 2014, will begin this month and continue throughout the build-up to the Games.
The second, Festival 2014, will be held during the sporting action, and is envisaged as a "massive Games-time celebration," the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam