Sebastian Coe determined to intensify war against drugs
Johannesburg: Vice-president of the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) and chairman of the British Olympic Association, Sebastian Coe is determined to intensify the war against drug abuse by athletes.
In light of Tyson Gay and Asafa Powell being tested positive for banned substances, Coe is determined to ensure the sport clamps down on doping, Sport24 reports.
Apart from Gay and Powell, Jamaica`s Sherone Simpson, a three-time Olympic medallist, has also tested positive.
Coe said that the most important thing for him is to ensure that the testing system is working and it is very important that they do not flinch in their efforts.
The report added him saying that it is not a war they can afford to lose, and it is important for any athlete to know that if they want to risk cheating, they are going to get caught.
He further said that the IAAF is still waiting for the B samples of the athletes tested positive and said that they are not taking their foot off the pedal in the war against doping.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case