Second edition of HIL from Jan 23
New Delhi: The second edition of the Hockey India League (HIL) will be played from January 23 to February 23 next year. A new team will be added to make it a six franchise based tournament, Hockey India announced on Friday.
"We are pleased to announce the dates for Hero Hockey India League 2014. After the enormous success in the inaugural season, we are expecting more spectacular hockey for the fans during Hero HIL 2014. We hope that the second season will see the toughest battles among the six teams," Narinder Batra, Chairman Hero Hockey India League said.
The inaugural edition, which was telecast in 146 countries across the globe, recorded more than 41 million viewership.
Star Sports, Broadcast Partner of the league, will telecast live all the matches of the league.
Ranchi Rhinos emerged winners in the inaugural season.
In the first season, 70 top domestic players including the Indian national side as well as 50 international players who were part of the national squads of Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Netherlands, Germany, Malaysia, Spain, and Argentina played for the five teams.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY