Second edition of HIL from Jan 23
New Delhi: The second edition of the Hockey India League (HIL) will be played from January 23 to February 23 next year. A new team will be added to make it a six franchise based tournament, Hockey India announced on Friday.
"We are pleased to announce the dates for Hero Hockey India League 2014. After the enormous success in the inaugural season, we are expecting more spectacular hockey for the fans during Hero HIL 2014. We hope that the second season will see the toughest battles among the six teams," Narinder Batra, Chairman Hero Hockey India League said.
The inaugural edition, which was telecast in 146 countries across the globe, recorded more than 41 million viewership.
Star Sports, Broadcast Partner of the league, will telecast live all the matches of the league.
Ranchi Rhinos emerged winners in the inaugural season.
In the first season, 70 top domestic players including the Indian national side as well as 50 international players who were part of the national squads of Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Netherlands, Germany, Malaysia, Spain, and Argentina played for the five teams.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India