Second edition of HIL from Jan 23
New Delhi: The second edition of the Hockey India League (HIL) will be played from January 23 to February 23 next year. A new team will be added to make it a six franchise based tournament, Hockey India announced on Friday.
"We are pleased to announce the dates for Hero Hockey India League 2014. After the enormous success in the inaugural season, we are expecting more spectacular hockey for the fans during Hero HIL 2014. We hope that the second season will see the toughest battles among the six teams," Narinder Batra, Chairman Hero Hockey India League said.
The inaugural edition, which was telecast in 146 countries across the globe, recorded more than 41 million viewership.
Star Sports, Broadcast Partner of the league, will telecast live all the matches of the league.
Ranchi Rhinos emerged winners in the inaugural season.
In the first season, 70 top domestic players including the Indian national side as well as 50 international players who were part of the national squads of Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Netherlands, Germany, Malaysia, Spain, and Argentina played for the five teams.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured