Second edition of HIL from Jan 23
New Delhi: The second edition of the Hockey India League (HIL) will be played from January 23 to February 23 next year. A new team will be added to make it a six franchise based tournament, Hockey India announced on Friday.
"We are pleased to announce the dates for Hero Hockey India League 2014. After the enormous success in the inaugural season, we are expecting more spectacular hockey for the fans during Hero HIL 2014. We hope that the second season will see the toughest battles among the six teams," Narinder Batra, Chairman Hero Hockey India League said.
The inaugural edition, which was telecast in 146 countries across the globe, recorded more than 41 million viewership.
Star Sports, Broadcast Partner of the league, will telecast live all the matches of the league.
Ranchi Rhinos emerged winners in the inaugural season.
In the first season, 70 top domestic players including the Indian national side as well as 50 international players who were part of the national squads of Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Netherlands, Germany, Malaysia, Spain, and Argentina played for the five teams.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- A decade-old Google Translate!
- West Bengal polls: Roopa Ganguly surrenders before court in assault case
- Chinese newspapers on decline as people move to digital media
- Assam to seek review of SC judgement on NEET: Tarun Gogoi
- Chopper scam: Amit Shah mounts attack on Sonia Gandhi, poses 4 questions on her