Shumenov retains WBA light heavyweight belt
Los Angeles: Beibut Shumenov beat Mexico`s Enrique Ornelas by decision in a 12-round bout to regain the light heavyweight gold belt of World Boxing Association Saturday in Las Vegas, the United States.
The Kazakhstanian received identical score of 120-108 from all the three judges to win the crown, which he won in 2010.
The 28-year-old improved his record to 13-1 with eight knockouts. Ornelas, 31, fell to 33-8 with 21 knockouts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert