Shumenov retains WBA light heavyweight belt
Los Angeles: Beibut Shumenov beat Mexico`s Enrique Ornelas by decision in a 12-round bout to regain the light heavyweight gold belt of World Boxing Association Saturday in Las Vegas, the United States.
The Kazakhstanian received identical score of 120-108 from all the three judges to win the crown, which he won in 2010.
The 28-year-old improved his record to 13-1 with eight knockouts. Ornelas, 31, fell to 33-8 with 21 knockouts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal