Sidhu 3rd, Anisa leads 25 meter Pistol in National C`ship
New Delhi: World cup gold medalist Heena Sidhu was in third position in the precision round of 25 meter women pistol event, which was topped by Commonwealth Games gold medallist Anisa Sayyed at the 57th National Shooting Championship here on Monday.
Ahead of the finals tomorrow, Sayyed of Haryana was leading with a good score of 289 points, followed by Sonia Rai (287) of Himachal pradesh, while Heena of Punjab was third with a score of 286.
Rahi Sarnobat of Maharashtra and Anita Devi of Haryana shot identical scores of 286 to be in the fourth position at the Karni singh shooting Ranges, Organising Secretary.
Shreya Gawande of Maharashtra was on top of the 25m Pistol Junior event with 285 points, while Haryana`s Gauri Sheoran (283) is in second place, followed by Chinki Yadav (282) of Madhya pradesh.
In Air pistol men`s 10 meter range event, Praveen Kumar of Haryana was leading with 579 points, while Kapil Kumar of Air Force was behind him with 578 score, followed by Army`s Jitu Rai and Neeraj Kumar with same score of 577 points.
In the junior men category of 10m Air pistol event, Kapil Kumar of Air Force was on the first position with 578 points, Army`s Arun was on second place with 571 and Karan Pratap Singh of Punjab was third with the same score.
Final of the both events will be held on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away after suffering cardiac arrest; Panneerselvam takes oath as new CM of Tamil Nadu
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what