Sochi Olympics organiser denies torch explosion reports
Moscow: Russia`s Olympics chief organiser has denied reports that a torch used during the Sochi games relay had exploded.
Local media reported earlier that a torch blew up in the city of Kostroma during the relay ceremony and injured a 13-year-old girl.
Dmitry Chernyshenko, organising committee head of the Sochi games, said Tuesday that nobody got injured during the ceremony.
"There were no burns and the torch didn`t blow up in a participant`s hands," Chernyshenko said, adding it was a minor flare-up.
Meanwhile, the official said it was an adult staff member of the organising committee rather than a teenager who was involved in the incident.
Currently, the Olympic torch is in the opening stages of the relay. The Olympic flame will travel more than 65,000 km across Russia`s 83 regions spanning 132 cities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Here's what Yuvraj Singh said after his long wait for IPL trophy ended
- Meet 'Haryana ki Sherni' Anushka Sharma from 'Sultan'! See LATEST pic
- Anxious mother fox waits while men work to rescue her trapped cub– Watch the emotional moment!
- Attention Malaika! Hubby Arbaaz Khan is all set to romance Sunny Leone on reel
- Fallujah offensive against Iraq: Five things you need to know about