Sports Ministry appoints Chandran as consultant in SAI
New Delhi: The government has appointed sports medicine expert P S M Chandran as a consultant with the Sports Authority of India.
Chandran has been assigned the task of establishing High Performance Centres at SAI, a release from the Indian Federation of Sports Medicine said.
Chandran had earlier served as SAI Director, Sports Medicine for 25 years prior to his retirement. He was responsible for establishing the sports medicine centre in SAI in 1984.
He has been involved with multiple sports at the international level for more than three decades.
Chandran also served as the contingent doctor for India in multiple Olympics and Asian Games and was the International Hockey Federation`s (FIH) appointed Medical Officer for several international hockey events, including the Champions Trophy in 2004, 2005 and 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Eoin Morgan picks Anil Kumble and MS Dhoni in All-time XI, no place for Sachin Tendulkar
- Dominika Cibulkova stuns Agniezka Radwanska, enters Eastbourne final
- Three arrested for forcing Kerala nursing student to drink toilet cleaner
- Copa-Euro showdown: Proposal made for match between Copa America and Euro 2016 winners
- World doping watchdog WADA shuts down Rio Olympic lab