Sports Ministry appoints Chandran as consultant in SAI
New Delhi: The government has appointed sports medicine expert P S M Chandran as a consultant with the Sports Authority of India.
Chandran has been assigned the task of establishing High Performance Centres at SAI, a release from the Indian Federation of Sports Medicine said.
Chandran had earlier served as SAI Director, Sports Medicine for 25 years prior to his retirement. He was responsible for establishing the sports medicine centre in SAI in 1984.
He has been involved with multiple sports at the international level for more than three decades.
Chandran also served as the contingent doctor for India in multiple Olympics and Asian Games and was the International Hockey Federation`s (FIH) appointed Medical Officer for several international hockey events, including the Champions Trophy in 2004, 2005 and 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon