Sports Ministry appoints Chandran as consultant in SAI
New Delhi: The government has appointed sports medicine expert P S M Chandran as a consultant with the Sports Authority of India.
Chandran has been assigned the task of establishing High Performance Centres at SAI, a release from the Indian Federation of Sports Medicine said.
Chandran had earlier served as SAI Director, Sports Medicine for 25 years prior to his retirement. He was responsible for establishing the sports medicine centre in SAI in 1984.
He has been involved with multiple sports at the international level for more than three decades.
Chandran also served as the contingent doctor for India in multiple Olympics and Asian Games and was the International Hockey Federation`s (FIH) appointed Medical Officer for several international hockey events, including the Champions Trophy in 2004, 2005 and 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!