Sports Ministry appoints Chandran as consultant in SAI
New Delhi: The government has appointed sports medicine expert P S M Chandran as a consultant with the Sports Authority of India.
Chandran has been assigned the task of establishing High Performance Centres at SAI, a release from the Indian Federation of Sports Medicine said.
Chandran had earlier served as SAI Director, Sports Medicine for 25 years prior to his retirement. He was responsible for establishing the sports medicine centre in SAI in 1984.
He has been involved with multiple sports at the international level for more than three decades.
Chandran also served as the contingent doctor for India in multiple Olympics and Asian Games and was the International Hockey Federation`s (FIH) appointed Medical Officer for several international hockey events, including the Champions Trophy in 2004, 2005 and 2007.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler