Sports Ministry approves more funds for Mary Kom Boxing Foundation
New Delhi: The Sports Ministry has approved additional funds for the construction of an outdoor hall in the Imphal-based Regional Boxing Foundation being run by London Olympics bronze-medallist and five-time world champion woman pugilist M C Mary Kom.
"The Executive Committee (EC) of National Sports Development Fund (NSDF) has decided to give in-principle approval for additional financial assistance for construction of an Outdoor Boxing Hall at the Mary Kom Regional Boxing Foundation, Imphal," the ministry said in a statement.
"Further action on the proposal would be taken after getting required details/clarifications from the Foundation," it added.
The Executive Committee of the NSDF also decided that the project, the cost of which was not specified by the Ministry, would be monitored regularly by the Regional Centre of SAI.
"The EC of NSDF had earlier approved financial assistance of Rs 306.44 lakh to the Foundation in May, 2013 for construction of Gymnasium Hall and Procurement/Installation of Gym Equipments," the Ministry said.
"This approval was subject to submission of some additional information/details about the availability of land and the role of Ms. M C Mary Kom in the management of the Foundation; the EC was informed that the Foundation had provided these details and action is being taken for release of the money already sanctioned," it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued