Sprinter Kim Collins takes gold in Hungary
Budapest: Veteran St. Kitts and Nevis sprinter Kim Collins raced to a comfortable victory in the 100 metres at the Istvan Gyulai Memorial meet in Budapest, Hungary on Wednesday.
Collins clocked 9.99 seconds to finish ahead of Jamaicans Kemar Bailey Cole (10.07) and Jacques Harvey (10.18).
In an event dominated by Caribbean athletes, Trinidad and Tobago’s Richard Thompson got home in 10.26 seconds to cop fourth spot.
Trinidad and Tobago’s Kelly-Ann Baptiste snapped up silver in the women’s 100 metres dash.
Baptiste clocked 11.15 seconds to finish second to Carmelita Jeter of the United States.
Jeter got to the line in 11.07, while another American, Barbara Pierre finished third in 11.15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases