Sprinter Kim Collins takes gold in Hungary
Budapest: Veteran St. Kitts and Nevis sprinter Kim Collins raced to a comfortable victory in the 100 metres at the Istvan Gyulai Memorial meet in Budapest, Hungary on Wednesday.
Collins clocked 9.99 seconds to finish ahead of Jamaicans Kemar Bailey Cole (10.07) and Jacques Harvey (10.18).
In an event dominated by Caribbean athletes, Trinidad and Tobago’s Richard Thompson got home in 10.26 seconds to cop fourth spot.
Trinidad and Tobago’s Kelly-Ann Baptiste snapped up silver in the women’s 100 metres dash.
Baptiste clocked 11.15 seconds to finish second to Carmelita Jeter of the United States.
Jeter got to the line in 11.07, while another American, Barbara Pierre finished third in 11.15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company
- Some 6,500 migrants rescued off Libya: Coastguard
- Mitsubishi Motors overstated fuel economy on eight more models - Nikkei