To beat Klitschko, Haye needs speed: Sugar Ray Leonard
London: Veteran boxer Sugar Ray Leonard believes British boxer David Haye needs to improve on his speed to end Ukrainian Vitali Klitschko`s reign as WBC heavyweight champion.
Klitschko has successfully defended his title against Dereck Chisora last month.
Boxing legend Leonard told a daily: "David`s not that big of a heavyweight, so size will be a factor. If that fight comes to fruition, David will have to be mobile. He can`t be a stationary target."
While the Klitschko brothers may not be everyone`s cup of tea, Leonard is impressed with the way they have dominated the heavyweight division.
He added: "From my understanding, they`re huge over here in the UK. In America, although they`re known by boxing fans, they`re not household names with the wider public.”
He added: "But you have to give them credit, they use what they have. I`ve been impressed with them for a long time."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Over confidence' not the reason behind Pakistan's struggle in second test: Grant Flower
- Govt trying to pass GST bill this session: Meghwal
- Complaint against JD(U) MLA for demanding Rs 20 lakh
- Black money: Willing to walk extra mile to address concerns over IDS, says Govt
- LeEco Max 2: Made for Pokémon GO smartphone