Top honours for Rajasthan, Jharkhand in junior archery meet
Hyderabad: Rajasthan and Jharkhand bagged top honours in the team boys and girls categories respectively in the ongoing 35th Junior National Archery Championship here today.
Rajasthan`s boys team comprising Rajat Chouhan, Ravi Sharma and Dinesh Kumawat (with a score of 223 each) obtained first rank followed by Haryana and Jharkhand.
In the team girls category, Jharkhand`s Madhumita Kumari, Durgavati Kumar and Rajani Patra (with a score of 204 each) got the first position.
Andhra Pradeesh and Arunachal Pradesh were behind them.
In the individual Olympic round for boys, Rajasthan`s Rajat Chouhan stood first with a score of 147, followed by Ritul Chatterjee of Andhra Pradesh and Harkirat Singh of Punjab.
In the individual Olympic round for girls, Durgavati Kumari of Jharkhand clinched the first rank with a score of 135, followed by Jayalaxmi Sarikonda of Maharashtra and V Jyoti Surekha of Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi