Top Rio Games official Marcio Fortes quits
Rio de Janeiro: The Brazilian government has confirmed the resignation of one of the top officials of the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympic Games.
Olympic Public Authority (APO) president Marcio Fortes was officially relieved of his duties Thursday after submitting his resignation earlier in the week, according to a notice published by federal gazette Diario Oficial da Uniao, reports Xinhua.
APO is in charge of coordinating federal, state and local government planning for the Games.
Brazilian media reported Fortes had become disillusioned by his reduced influence prompted by the federal government`s creation of the executive Olympic group (Geolimpiada) - to which APO had become a subordinate.
Fortes, who did not comment on his decision, had previously been a minister in the government of former president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Mathura clash: Two security staff of Ram Vriksh Yadav arrested
- Kerala: BJP resolution urges to probe corruption charges against UDF
- Brexit consequences: India well prepared to deal with it, says FM Jaitley
- Two Delhi minor girls raped in Uttarakhand
- Does Deepika Padukone's red hot avatar at IIFA 2016 remind you of Angelina Jolie at Oscars? See inside