Turkey eyes Bubka to manage pole vault
Ankara: The Turkish Athletics Federation (TAF) has approached Ukrainian pole vault legend Sergei Bubka to manage the sport in Turkey.
The Turkish Ministry of Youth and Sports Wednesday contacted Bubka to oversee the sport and is planning to allocate a 14 million Turkish Lira yearly budget to the former athlete, reports Xinhua.
However, Bubka is currently running to become the president of the International Olympic Committee (IOC). The new IOC president will be elected at the 125th IOC Session in Buenos Aires Sep 10.
Bubka is a six-time world champion in pole vault and won the gold medal at the 1988 Seoul Olympic Games. At 6.14m, he is also the holder of the world record in the discipline.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre