USADA set to reveal list of `edited` names included in Armstrong`s investigation
London: The United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) is reportedly prepared to reveal the list of the 37 `edited` names included in its investigation of tarnished cyc list Lance Armstrong to the independent commission created to look into the sport`s murky past.
The Cycling Independent Reform Commission (CIRC) was set up by Brian Cookson after he ousted the controversial Pat McQuaid as president of the UCI, cycling`s governing body, in September and is scheduled to report in January 2015.
According to The Independent, USADA chief executive Travis Tygart revealed that there have been discussions with the CIRC over sharing information from their investigation, especially the identities of a number of riders and support staff allegedly linked to doping, who have yet to be named publicly.
Tygart believes the process must be conducted with swiftness in order to ensure that the sport looks beyond only riders who have doped and clean out a `dirty system` with the focus on team owners, coaches and medical officers in `proper time`, adding that the threat of doping remains as long as the `system` remains.
The redacted names were ones that came up in the course of USADA`s investigations and some are subject to on-going investigations.
The CIRC will conduct its hearings in private and anyone who gives evidence may be granted anonymity, with the report adding that there will also be potentially reduced sanctions offered to anyone giving evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city