Van Damme, Chuck Norris to attend boxing event in Russia
Moscow: Hollywood action movie stars Chuck Norris and Jean Claude Van Damme will visit the Thai boxing world championship in St. Petersburg, the event organiser said.
The 2012 IFMA World Championship will take place Sep 6-13 and is expected to be attended by over 2,000 athletes, coaches and officials from 100 countries.
"This is the first time the championship will be held in Russia," said Dmitry Putilin, president of the Russian Muaythai Federation.
The championship is also the official test event for the 2013 World Combat Games, organised by Sport Accord, under patronage of the IOC.
Russia will be represented by Artem the Lion Levin, current WMC Intercontinental and EMF European Muay Thai champion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred