Van Damme, Chuck Norris to attend boxing event in Russia
Moscow: Hollywood action movie stars Chuck Norris and Jean Claude Van Damme will visit the Thai boxing world championship in St. Petersburg, the event organiser said.
The 2012 IFMA World Championship will take place Sep 6-13 and is expected to be attended by over 2,000 athletes, coaches and officials from 100 countries.
"This is the first time the championship will be held in Russia," said Dmitry Putilin, president of the Russian Muaythai Federation.
The championship is also the official test event for the 2013 World Combat Games, organised by Sport Accord, under patronage of the IOC.
Russia will be represented by Artem the Lion Levin, current WMC Intercontinental and EMF European Muay Thai champion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees