Vikas Gowda finishes fourth in IAAF Diamond League
New Delhi: Newly-crowned Asian champion Vikas Gowda finished a creditable fourth in the ninth leg of the prestigious IAAF Diamond League athletics series in Paris.
Gowda hurled the iron disc to a distance of 64.45m which he achieved in his third attempt at Stade de France on Saturday.
He was second after the third round but slipped to fourth after a foul throw in the next round.
Gowda had won the Asian Championships gold in Pune on Thursday with a best throw of 64.90m.
Germany`s Olympic and world champion Robert Harting won the gold with 67.04m in still wind conditions which did not provide much help for the throwers.
He took the lead straightaway with 64.97m, extended his advantage with 66.80m in round three and threw 67.04m with his penultimate effort.
Iran`s 2012 London Olympic Games silver-medallist Eshan Hadadi was second with 65.53m. Estonia`s 2008 Beijing Olympic winner Gerd Kanter was third with 65.30m.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?