Vikas Gowda finishes fourth in IAAF Diamond League
New Delhi: Newly-crowned Asian champion Vikas Gowda finished a creditable fourth in the ninth leg of the prestigious IAAF Diamond League athletics series in Paris.
Gowda hurled the iron disc to a distance of 64.45m which he achieved in his third attempt at Stade de France on Saturday.
He was second after the third round but slipped to fourth after a foul throw in the next round.
Gowda had won the Asian Championships gold in Pune on Thursday with a best throw of 64.90m.
Germany`s Olympic and world champion Robert Harting won the gold with 67.04m in still wind conditions which did not provide much help for the throwers.
He took the lead straightaway with 64.97m, extended his advantage with 66.80m in round three and threw 67.04m with his penultimate effort.
Iran`s 2012 London Olympic Games silver-medallist Eshan Hadadi was second with 65.53m. Estonia`s 2008 Beijing Olympic winner Gerd Kanter was third with 65.30m.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- WWE Monday Night Raw results (July 25, 2016): Finn Balor earns shot at WWE Universal Title
- Mercedes to have petrol variants across portfolio in India by September
- Opposition alleges use of coercion, threats in RS polls in Jharkhand
- LOL: Never ever say these annoying things to a tall person! – Watch video
- Max Landis writing 'Pepe Le Pew' movie!