Vikas Gowda finishes fourth in IAAF Diamond League
New Delhi: Newly-crowned Asian champion Vikas Gowda finished a creditable fourth in the ninth leg of the prestigious IAAF Diamond League athletics series in Paris.
Gowda hurled the iron disc to a distance of 64.45m which he achieved in his third attempt at Stade de France on Saturday.
He was second after the third round but slipped to fourth after a foul throw in the next round.
Gowda had won the Asian Championships gold in Pune on Thursday with a best throw of 64.90m.
Germany`s Olympic and world champion Robert Harting won the gold with 67.04m in still wind conditions which did not provide much help for the throwers.
He took the lead straightaway with 64.97m, extended his advantage with 66.80m in round three and threw 67.04m with his penultimate effort.
Iran`s 2012 London Olympic Games silver-medallist Eshan Hadadi was second with 65.53m. Estonia`s 2008 Beijing Olympic winner Gerd Kanter was third with 65.30m.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon