Vitali Klitschko says playing table tennis daily prepares him for fights
Ukraine: Reigning World Boxing Champion Vitali Klitschko plays table tennis every day ahead of his clash with British opponents, Dereck Chisora and David Haye.
Vitali is set to face Chisora in Munich on February 18 before likely taking on former WBA title-holder Haye this summer
Vitali said a daily table tennis session with brother and fellow world champion Wladimir, keeps his reflexes as sharp as ever.
“To help reflexes I work with catching table-tennis balls off a table and I enjoy playing ping-pong. I play every day and I like the game very much,” Vitali was quoted as saying.
“Table tennis helps me prepare for fights. Sometimes I play my brother Wladimir. He is also very good. Last time he beat me but the time before that I won,” he added.
Vitali plans to retire later this year to concentrate on his political career but insists his body is fit.
He also said that his training camps are like vacation, as compared to stressful politics.
“Every day I work hard in camp but the two I have every year are like a vacation and they are less stressful than politics. Politics can give me sleepless nights because of the stress and the brain is always working,” Vitali said.
Vitali admits talks are underway with Haye for a deal on the summer showdown.
“Right now we are miles away from making a contract with David Haye. He still thinks he is world champion and is dictating terms. We are long way from making it but I hope the fight happens.It is unfinished business and I very much want to fight him. The stumbling blocks aren’t just money but rules, TV rights and many other points,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!