WBO to evaluate contentious Bradley victory against Pacquiao
Washington : World Boxing Organization (WBO) President Francisco Paco Valcarcel has said in a statement that the WBO`s championship committee will review video of the controversial fight between Manny Pacquiao and Timothy Bradley with five ‘’recognized international judges”, and make a recommendation.
Bradley beat Pacquiao to end his 15 match-winning streak, and became the new WBO welterweight champion in a highly controversial bout, which ended with split decision.
According to reports, Valcarcel also said the WBO does not doubt the ability of the scoring judges.
Most reporters seated ringside and the vast majority of fans inside the MGM Grand arena on Saturday night thought Pacquiao had easily defended his welterweight title against Bradley.
The first surprise came when ring announcer Michael Buffer announced that there was a split decision, and the biggest surprise came in the reading of the scores.
Jerry Roth had it 115-113 for Pacquiao, while judges Duane Ford and C.J. Ross had it for Bradley by the same score.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach