Will win gold in 2016 Olympics: Mary Kom
Bhopal: Olympic bronze medal winner in boxing, M C Mary Kom has expressed confidence that she would win a gold medal in the next Olympics in Rio and said she will start regular training after six months.
"I am confident that I will clinch a gold medal in the 2016 Olympics," the boxer told reporters here on Tuesday evening after she arrived to take part in a function to be held on Wednesday.
Mary Kom will be felicitated at the function along with former volleyball player, Ram Lal Verma and 25 other sportsmen.
The boxer, the chief guest for the function, will be given a cheque of Rs 50 lakh by state Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
She had been unable to come earlier when the other five medal winners of the London Olympics were felicitated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir