Will win gold in 2016 Olympics: Mary Kom
Bhopal: Olympic bronze medal winner in boxing, M C Mary Kom has expressed confidence that she would win a gold medal in the next Olympics in Rio and said she will start regular training after six months.
"I am confident that I will clinch a gold medal in the 2016 Olympics," the boxer told reporters here on Tuesday evening after she arrived to take part in a function to be held on Wednesday.
Mary Kom will be felicitated at the function along with former volleyball player, Ram Lal Verma and 25 other sportsmen.
The boxer, the chief guest for the function, will be given a cheque of Rs 50 lakh by state Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
She had been unable to come earlier when the other five medal winners of the London Olympics were felicitated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you