World Superseries Finals returns to Malaysia after three years
New Delhi: The BWF World Superseries Finals will return to Malaysia after an absence of three years with Kuala Lumpur set to host the prestigious tournament from December 11-15.
Last held in Kuala Lumpur in 2009, the season-ending tournament of the BWF World Superseries tour, organised by TSA, will bring together the top eight individuals or pairs in each category ? Men`s Singles, Women`s Singles, Men`s Doubles, Women`s Doubles and Mixed Doubles.
The five-day spectacle will give these top shuttlers a shot at sharing USD 500,000 in prize money and the glory of being crowned finals champion.
"We anticipate some great finals in Malaysia and we look forward to the best performers on the Superseries circuit giving their best," said BWF Secretary General Thomas Lund.
"We are in the second half of the Superseries and there is still a lot of intrigue regarding who will qualify for the finals," he added.
The 12-event tour resumed last month with the China Masters followed by the Yonex Open Japan. The Superseries focus has shifted to Europe this week with the Denmark Open being held in Odense ahead of next week`s French Open in Paris.
The last two events will be held next month: the China Open (Superseries Premier) and Hong Kong Open.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj