Yelena Isinbayeva to retire after worlds
Moscow: Russian pole vault queen and double Olympic champion Yelena Isinbayeva has announced that she would be retiring after her home world athletics championships, which take place in Moscow in August.
"My career will come to its end at the world championships," Isinbayeva told reporters on Tuesday after winning the national title at Moscow`s Luzhniki arena.
"For me it will be a really nostalgic moment. I want to enjoy a joyful career finish and will show my best at the world championships."
"At the worlds I will fight with the height and myself," she added.
"It was here in Luzhniki that I won my first title and here my career will come to an end.”
"I expect a huge support from my fans at the event as I really need it to show everything I`m able to show. I`m ready to battle for the win"
Isinbayeva, who won gold at both the 2004 and 2008 Olympics, has set 28 world records in women`s pole vault including the current world`s best mark of 5.06 metres.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket