Yudhvir award for Saina Nehwal
Hyderabad: Ace shuttler Saina Nehwal was on Tuesday conferred the 22nd Yudhvir Memorial Foundation Award for her outstanding performance in the field of sports.
The award, instituted in the memory of freedom fighter, journalist and founder of the daily Hindi Milap, Yudhvir, was presented to Saina by Andhra Pradesh Lokayukta Justice B Subhashan Reddy, this evening at a function.
The Yudhvir Memorial Award was constituted by the Yudhvir Foundation in 1991 to commemorate the lifetime work of late Yudhvir.
The annual award consists of a citation and a cash prize of Rs 50,000.
After receiving the award, Saina said it was a great honour for her to receive the award.
"I am really honoured. The award will give me encouragement to excel in my game in future also," she said.
Saina further said she will continue to put in hard work and more efforts to bring laurels to the country.
"... I want to play more, win more and get more medals for my country. It is your (fans) love and prayers which is helping me to win medals," the Olympian said adding "I will try my best to win in more tournaments in future also."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves