Yudhvir award for Saina Nehwal
Hyderabad: Ace shuttler Saina Nehwal was on Tuesday conferred the 22nd Yudhvir Memorial Foundation Award for her outstanding performance in the field of sports.
The award, instituted in the memory of freedom fighter, journalist and founder of the daily Hindi Milap, Yudhvir, was presented to Saina by Andhra Pradesh Lokayukta Justice B Subhashan Reddy, this evening at a function.
The Yudhvir Memorial Award was constituted by the Yudhvir Foundation in 1991 to commemorate the lifetime work of late Yudhvir.
The annual award consists of a citation and a cash prize of Rs 50,000.
After receiving the award, Saina said it was a great honour for her to receive the award.
"I am really honoured. The award will give me encouragement to excel in my game in future also," she said.
Saina further said she will continue to put in hard work and more efforts to bring laurels to the country.
"... I want to play more, win more and get more medals for my country. It is your (fans) love and prayers which is helping me to win medals," the Olympian said adding "I will try my best to win in more tournaments in future also."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what