Sachin`s wax statue launched at Madame Tussauds in London
London, April 24: Sachin Tendulkar today became the first Indian sportsperson to grace the world-famous Madame Tussauds wax museum, with a life-size wax statue of the master blaster being inaugurated here today coinciding with his 36th birthday.
The statue had been formally launched by Tendulkar in Mumbai on April 13, who had exclaimed "it was so real, it was fanastic! I`m glad it doesn`t breathe."
The ace batsman could not be present here as he is leading the Mumbai Indians in the IPL in South Africa.
Liz Edwards, PR manager at Madame Tussauds London, who accompanied the wax figure from London to Mumbai and back
said, "It was an electric moment when the two Tendulkars came
to face-to-face and both Sachin and his family were absolutely
"We`re pleased to be marking his 36th birthday today by inaugurating his figure into the attraction in London; we know it is going to be a huge hit with fans and hope Sachin will visit us here soon."
At the museum, Sachin joins Bollywood stars like Amitabh Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai, Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan. He is the first Indian sportsman to make the grade and joins cricket legends Brian Lara and Shane Warne.
Former Indian Prime Ministers Indira Gandhi, Rajiv Gandhi and Narasimha Rao statues are also there in the wax museum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump Inauguration LIVE: US President vows to eradicate Islamic terrorism from the face of Earth