At ‘seven feet one inch’ Pak fast bowler Irfan is tallest player in history of cricket
Islamabad: Pakistan fast bowler Mohammad Irfan is the tallest player in the history of cricket with a towering height of seven feet and one inch, and is followed by West Indian pace bowling legend Joel Garner at six feet and eight inch in the list of giant cricketers.
The 30-year-old from Punjab bamboozled the top Indian batsmen with pace and bounce in his debut Twenty20 international in Bangalore where Pakistan beat India by five wickets, the Daily Times reports.
All eyes will be focused on Irfan when Pakistan takes on archrivals India in the second Twenty20 international in Ahmedabad on Friday.
The lanky quickie played two one-day internationals against England in 2010, but he was sidelined after disappointing start taking 0-37 in seven overs at Chester-le-Street and 0-40 in seven overs at Leeds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog