Bihar to construct world class cricket stadium
Patna: An international cricket stadium will be constructed at Rajgir in Bihar`s Nalanda district, which will fulfil the much awaited dream of cricket fans here to watch world class cricket in the state, an official said Wednesday.
"The state cabinet has approved the proposal to set up a world class cricket stadium in Bihar," the official at the Chief Minister`s office said.
"The government would begin the process of acquiring land for the construction of stadium early next year," he said.
However, the final estimate of the construction cost of the stadium has not been worked out as yet, he added.
Currently, decades old Moin-ul-Haq stadium in Patna is the only sports ground in the state where national and international cricket matches were held in the past.
Rajgir, a Buddhist pilgrim town and a tourist destination in Bihar, is nearly 100 km from Patna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report