Clarke set to drive in International Rally of Queensland
Sydney: Australia captain Michael Clarke is set to drive a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo during next week’s International Rally of Queensland.
Clarke’s liking for fast cars is no secret, as he once spent 250,000 dollars on an Aston Martin as a Christmas gift for former fiancé Lara Bingle.
Due to his cricket commitments in the Indian Premier League, Clarke won’t get to test the car prior to the event. He’ll also be limited to competing in just two stages of the rally; which runs from May 25-27.
It’s pretty well known that I have a passion for driving, but a part of me has always wondered what it would be like to go up against the best in the business,” The Age quoted Clarke’s statement, as saying.
“There’s no doubt that rally driving is one of the most exhilarating sports around and, as someone who puts my heart into everything I do, this is a great opportunity to mix it with some of the world’s best drivers,” he added.
Rally of Queensland is part of the Asia-Pacific Rally Championship and has attracted some of the biggest names in local rallying including former world rally championship stars Alister McRae and Australian Chris Atkinson.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt