David Beckham`s sons inspired by Olympics
London: Soccer star David Beckham`s sons are keen to try new sports after attending several events at the London 2012 Olympics.
The 37-year-old footballer, who was an ambassador for the 2012 Games, said that he was overwhelmed with pride as he joined Brooklyn, 13, Romeo, nine, and seven-year-old Cruz at a number of events and is thrilled the spectacle has inspired the youngster to try their hands at new sports, reported Daily Mirror online.
"My pride reached new heights when I took part in the 2012 opening ceremony then when I took my three boys to watch some of the events - like Tom Daley winning his bronze for diving.
"As I sat with Brooklyn, Romeo and Cruz in the Olympic stadium, I was overwhelmed with pride that I could take them to the 2012 Games in the part of London where I grew up, just down the road from where I first kicked a ball," David said.
"I know that my boys have been inspired by what they`ve seen and want to try all sorts of different sports for themselves," he added.
David also has 13-month-old daughter Harper with wife Victoria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand