David Beckham`s sons inspired by Olympics
London: Soccer star David Beckham`s sons are keen to try new sports after attending several events at the London 2012 Olympics.
The 37-year-old footballer, who was an ambassador for the 2012 Games, said that he was overwhelmed with pride as he joined Brooklyn, 13, Romeo, nine, and seven-year-old Cruz at a number of events and is thrilled the spectacle has inspired the youngster to try their hands at new sports, reported Daily Mirror online.
"My pride reached new heights when I took part in the 2012 opening ceremony then when I took my three boys to watch some of the events - like Tom Daley winning his bronze for diving.
"As I sat with Brooklyn, Romeo and Cruz in the Olympic stadium, I was overwhelmed with pride that I could take them to the 2012 Games in the part of London where I grew up, just down the road from where I first kicked a ball," David said.
"I know that my boys have been inspired by what they`ve seen and want to try all sorts of different sports for themselves," he added.
David also has 13-month-old daughter Harper with wife Victoria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report