Drogba in Delhi on June 17 for T20 exhibition football match
New Delhi: Star Ivory Coast striker Didier Drogba will make his date with India on June 17 and play a part in an exhibition T20 football match against a team which will have top cricketers of the country, including national team captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
Drogba will coach the national winners of the Pepsi T20 Football amateur tournament in the match against a team which will have Dhoni, Virat Kohli, Suresh Raina, Harbhajan Singh and Murali Vijay.
The match, the Grand Finale of Pepsi T20 Football, will take place at Thyagraj Stadium.
While the national Pepsi T20 Football winning team will be led by Bollywood actor Ranbir Kapoor,
Dhoni will captain the opposing side to be coached by former Indian football skipper Bhaichung Bhutia.
Pepsi`s first ever football campaign was launched in India with a fun and irreverent film featuring Ranbir Kapoor that set the tone for the real action.
It was followed by a grassroot initiative, Pepsi T20 Football, an initiative which combined the excitement and fun of T20 style of playing cricket with the speed, thrill and spirit of football.
Played in a metallic cage, the 20-minute knock out matches were held in major Indian cities including Chennai, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Mumbai, Lucknow, Ludhiana and Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Uttarakhand forest fires show signs of abating
- Smoking inside home makes kids ill
- Turkey says prevented 85 security incidents since January
- Nagaland Board of School Education (HSLC) Class 10 Results 2016 to be declared today; check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in
- IPL 2016, Match 30: Yusuf Pathan's heroics power Kolkata Knight Riders to five-wicket win over Royal Challengers Bangalore