Drogba in Delhi on June 17 for T20 exhibition football match
New Delhi: Star Ivory Coast striker Didier Drogba will make his date with India on June 17 and play a part in an exhibition T20 football match against a team which will have top cricketers of the country, including national team captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
Drogba will coach the national winners of the Pepsi T20 Football amateur tournament in the match against a team which will have Dhoni, Virat Kohli, Suresh Raina, Harbhajan Singh and Murali Vijay.
The match, the Grand Finale of Pepsi T20 Football, will take place at Thyagraj Stadium.
While the national Pepsi T20 Football winning team will be led by Bollywood actor Ranbir Kapoor,
Dhoni will captain the opposing side to be coached by former Indian football skipper Bhaichung Bhutia.
Pepsi`s first ever football campaign was launched in India with a fun and irreverent film featuring Ranbir Kapoor that set the tone for the real action.
It was followed by a grassroot initiative, Pepsi T20 Football, an initiative which combined the excitement and fun of T20 style of playing cricket with the speed, thrill and spirit of football.
Played in a metallic cage, the 20-minute knock out matches were held in major Indian cities including Chennai, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Mumbai, Lucknow, Ludhiana and Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'