Hurley dumps Warne over sex text scandal
Liz Hurley has apparently dumped Shane Warne after learning that the cricketer had sent sexual text messages to a married Australian woman.
An Australian man, Denis Angeleri, claims his wife, Adele, was wooed by Warne with a series of explicit texts, according to the News Of The World and The Sunday Mirror.
The pair had met when Warne called into her leather goods shop opposite his office at the Shane Warne Foundation in Melbourne.
According to the paper, they exchanged numbers and Warne began texting her, becoming progressively more suggestive. Adele grew worried and eventually told her husband, Denis, on December 3.
Warne had begged him to keep the matter secret for the sake of his family, however, Warne was “also clearly terrified Liz would discover his double-dealing”.
“There weren’t that many texts anyway,” The News Of The World quoted Warne as telling Angeleri.
But the paper said Warne sent her more than 100 messages, while simultaneously cultivating his relationship with Hurley.
According to the paper, it was only a few days after his confrontation with Angeleri that Warne met up with Hurley in London.
Warne, now in Perth commentating on the Third Ashes Test for Channel Nine, hit social networking site Twitter to lament the latest saga.
“The journey of life is about riding the ups/downs,” the Daily Telegraph quoted him as Tweeting.
“We all are childish, immature at times. It’s about how you bounce back when things are tough.”
On Friday night he tweeted: “4.45am here in Perth. Not really a wink of sleep. Tossed and turned all night, feeling extremely grumpy.”
Hurley also wrote on Twitter to shut down reports she would spend time with Warne in Australia in the coming weeks.
And, in a further blow to Warne, she said she had no plans to divorce her estranged husband, Indian textile heir Arun Nayar any time soon.
“Bored now of silly speculations: no one is divorcing anyone yet, no one is fighting over money and I have no plans to go to Australia. Enough!” she wrote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars