Lionel Messi to become a father
Barcelona: Barcelona and Argentina star Lionel Messi has finally confirmed the rumours that he and his girlfriend are expecting a child.
The diminutive attacker had always been tight-lipped when questioned about the reports that he was expecting his first child with his partner, Antonella Roccuzzo, after his special celebration of his goal in Argentina`s 4-0 victory against Ecuador earlier in the month.
However, the 24-year-old has now announced that his girlfriend is pregnant, and even went as far as giving a prediction about the baby`s gender.
"I think it will be a boy," Messi is quoted as saying by Ole. "We did not want to say anything because we never talk about our private life.
"But we were constantly asked about it, so we wanted to share our joy."
The three-time Ballon d`Or winner, who broke into Barca`s first team in 2004, scored 73 goals in all competitions in 2011-12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs