Lionel Messi to become a father
Barcelona: Barcelona and Argentina star Lionel Messi has finally confirmed the rumours that he and his girlfriend are expecting a child.
The diminutive attacker had always been tight-lipped when questioned about the reports that he was expecting his first child with his partner, Antonella Roccuzzo, after his special celebration of his goal in Argentina`s 4-0 victory against Ecuador earlier in the month.
However, the 24-year-old has now announced that his girlfriend is pregnant, and even went as far as giving a prediction about the baby`s gender.
"I think it will be a boy," Messi is quoted as saying by Ole. "We did not want to say anything because we never talk about our private life.
"But we were constantly asked about it, so we wanted to share our joy."
The three-time Ballon d`Or winner, who broke into Barca`s first team in 2004, scored 73 goals in all competitions in 2011-12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra