McIlroy `seeking solace` following rumoured split with girlfriend Wozniacki
Johannesburg: Troubled Northern Irish golf ace Rory McIlroy has admitted that he was `seeking solace` following his acrimonious split from his management company and rumours of the end of his relationship with long-term girlfriend Caroline Wozniacki.
McIlroy will reportedly compete at the one million-dollar One Asia Tour event beginning with the Kolon Korea Open near the South Korean capital, having taken a month off since failing to qualify for the USPGA Tour Championship.
According to Sport24, McIlroy said that he is happy to be back on the golf course and doing what he does best, adding that a golf course is a nice place for a little bit of solace.
The report mentioned that McIlroy has never won at the Korea Open given that he has tied for third in 2009 and was the runner-up in 2011, and the former world number one said that although he has played good golf in the tournament, he has not played well enough to win.
The report further said that McIlroy will move on from the Korea Open to China for Shanghai`s BMW Masters, where he was runner-up last year, adding that his schedule will also include an exhibition match against Tiger Woods at Mission Hills on the southern island of Hainan, and the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley