Moneybags Bolivian club attempting to lure Becks to come out of retirement
London: Moneybags Bolivian football club Bolivar is reportedly trying to tempt England legend David Beckham to come out of retirement and take part in the side`s matches in the Copa Libertadores, which is South America`s version of the Champions League .
The South American club`s billionaire owner Marcelo Claure wants to sign the former England captain and he carries some clout as he is also the man helping to finance Beckham`s potential purchase of a Florida-based Major League Soccer franchise in 2015.
According to the Mirror, Claure had last year tweeted a picture of Beckham holding the Bolivar shirt, with a caption saying that Beckham is his associate in the MLS and hinted that he may join Bolivar.
Bolivar president Guido Loayza admitted that Beckham could make the shock move, even for a couple of games in the Copa Libertadores.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Centuries-old fair symbolising maize blossom begins in Himachal
- 2016 Olympics: Russia escape blanket ban, but IOC bars whistle-blower from Rio Games
- Pakistan Daily calls Nawaz Sharif's statement on Kashmir 'wishful thinking and unrealistic'
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Record fifth win sends Lewis Hamilton top
- Olympian predicts record medal haul from Indian shooters at 2016 Rio Games