Moneybags Bolivian club attempting to lure Becks to come out of retirement
London: Moneybags Bolivian football club Bolivar is reportedly trying to tempt England legend David Beckham to come out of retirement and take part in the side`s matches in the Copa Libertadores, which is South America`s version of the Champions League .
The South American club`s billionaire owner Marcelo Claure wants to sign the former England captain and he carries some clout as he is also the man helping to finance Beckham`s potential purchase of a Florida-based Major League Soccer franchise in 2015.
According to the Mirror, Claure had last year tweeted a picture of Beckham holding the Bolivar shirt, with a caption saying that Beckham is his associate in the MLS and hinted that he may join Bolivar.
Bolivar president Guido Loayza admitted that Beckham could make the shock move, even for a couple of games in the Copa Libertadores.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back