Moneybags Bolivian club attempting to lure Becks to come out of retirement
London: Moneybags Bolivian football club Bolivar is reportedly trying to tempt England legend David Beckham to come out of retirement and take part in the side`s matches in the Copa Libertadores, which is South America`s version of the Champions League .
The South American club`s billionaire owner Marcelo Claure wants to sign the former England captain and he carries some clout as he is also the man helping to finance Beckham`s potential purchase of a Florida-based Major League Soccer franchise in 2015.
According to the Mirror, Claure had last year tweeted a picture of Beckham holding the Bolivar shirt, with a caption saying that Beckham is his associate in the MLS and hinted that he may join Bolivar.
Bolivar president Guido Loayza admitted that Beckham could make the shock move, even for a couple of games in the Copa Libertadores.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon