Moneybags Bolivian club attempting to lure Becks to come out of retirement
London: Moneybags Bolivian football club Bolivar is reportedly trying to tempt England legend David Beckham to come out of retirement and take part in the side`s matches in the Copa Libertadores, which is South America`s version of the Champions League .
The South American club`s billionaire owner Marcelo Claure wants to sign the former England captain and he carries some clout as he is also the man helping to finance Beckham`s potential purchase of a Florida-based Major League Soccer franchise in 2015.
According to the Mirror, Claure had last year tweeted a picture of Beckham holding the Bolivar shirt, with a caption saying that Beckham is his associate in the MLS and hinted that he may join Bolivar.
Bolivar president Guido Loayza admitted that Beckham could make the shock move, even for a couple of games in the Copa Libertadores.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir