Moneybags Bolivian club attempting to lure Becks to come out of retirement
London: Moneybags Bolivian football club Bolivar is reportedly trying to tempt England legend David Beckham to come out of retirement and take part in the side`s matches in the Copa Libertadores, which is South America`s version of the Champions League .
The South American club`s billionaire owner Marcelo Claure wants to sign the former England captain and he carries some clout as he is also the man helping to finance Beckham`s potential purchase of a Florida-based Major League Soccer franchise in 2015.
According to the Mirror, Claure had last year tweeted a picture of Beckham holding the Bolivar shirt, with a caption saying that Beckham is his associate in the MLS and hinted that he may join Bolivar.
Bolivar president Guido Loayza admitted that Beckham could make the shock move, even for a couple of games in the Copa Libertadores.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan had achieved nuclear capability in 1984: Abdul Qadeer Khan
- Pakistan able to target Delhi from Kahuta near Rawalpindi in five minutes: Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan
- US zoo kills gorilla after 3-year-old boy falls into enclosure
- EC cancels polls for two remaining Tamil Nadu Assembly seats - Know why
- Cloudbursts, rainfall in Tehri district of Uttarakhand; Gangotri-Kedarnath road closed, pilgrims stranded